On behalf of the Engineering Days (E-Days) Scholarship Committee, we would like to announce that the 2015 E-Days Scholarship has been closed for the 2015 Season.
The 2015 Committee has selected 3 incredible winners out of over 400 applications. Thank you to everyone whom applied.
Each award is a four-year (eight semesters), full resident-tuition scholarship and is awarded to three students per year.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
High School Senior
Graduating from a Colorado High School
Planning to attend Colorado School of Mines in Fall 2015
The application should consist of a thoughtful, proficiently written essay in response to the given prompt. You must also include a one-page resume including, but not limited to: academic accomplishments, extracurricular activities, athletics, community service, and work experience. Though all parts of the application will be considered, a strong emphasis will be placed on the essay. Specific application instructions can be found below.
The prompt for this year’s essay is as follows:
You live in the fantasy world of your choosing as a Colorado School of Mines graduate. Tell us about the world you have chosen and why. The people of your fantasy world are now facing a life-threatening problem, and because of your exemplary education at Mines, you have been selected to be in charge of engineering a solution for the problem of this land.
Directions to Apply
1. All components of the application should be emailed as attachments to the following email address: E-Days-Scholarship@mines.edu
2. The email subject line must be formatted as following:
Last Name_First Name_EdaysScholarship
3. In the body of the email, please include the following:
Primary contact phone number
Alternate contact phone number (optional)
Primary email address
4. In the interest of a bias-free judging process, DO NOT INCLUDE your name in either the essay or the resume. Your application will be disqualified if your name is found in either document.
5. The essay must be attached in two formats, once as a pdf and once as a word (.doc or docx) format and must not exceed 2000 words.
6. The resume must be attached in pdf form and must not exceed one page, and must be single sided.
7. The essay in both formats should be named as follows:
Last Name_First Name_Essay
8. The resume should be named as follows:
Last Name_First Name_Resume
9. No other documents should be attached to the email
Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in your application being disqualified.
If you have any questions, please send an email to the following address:
Thank you for your time.
Justin Wahler, Connor Clark, Frances Richardson
2015 E-Days Scholarship Committee Chairs
*** The E-Days Scholarship is awarded separately from other scholarships at the Colorado School of Mines. If admission of any winner is rescinded or delayed for any reason, the scholarship will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate applicant. Those who are alternates will be informed by email. Students interested in financial aid should apply for assistance through the Colorado School of Mines Financial Aid Office.
Office Contact Information
Hours: 8AM - 5PM
Monday - Friday